Monday, April 22, 2013

Chocolate Milk

This morning, my coffee is infused with fresh, creamy chocolate milk from the Battenkill Valley Creamery.  My Gran Fondo winning time of 3:32:17 would also have put me in the top spot the day before in my category.  It was a tiny bit faster than my pace in 2011. It was cold, there was a bit of freezing rain, but the dirt was perfect. As always, it's a difficult race, but so much fun to be there with all my friends.  Dieter Drake and his crew surely know how to put on a great event. The best part is that I got to race with Victor!

Don't get me wrong, I love racing in the women's peleton, but any day I get to ride with Victor is a joy.  We have completed the 200km and 300km qualifiers for the Endless Mountains 1240km- Victor has promised to guest blog about our randonneuring adventures, so stay tuned.

This spring I also had great time racing with my teammate Bari Wood at Bethel and look forward to more races with her and my other teammates coming up.
Bethel with Kristin Thor Budden and Bari Wood

No comments: